- Twitter Inc plans to set up an independent research group to create an “open and decentralized” system for social networks, which could relieve pressure on the company to appease critics of its content policies, but also give rise to a new crop of competitors, chief executive officer Jack Dorsey said on Wednesday.
- The system, or “standard,” would not be owned by any single private company and would enable individuals to use a variety of services to access the same network, just like they choose different e-mail providers to see the same messages, Dorsey said.
- Dorsey said that Twitter chief technology officer Parag Agrawal would be in charge of hiring a lead for the research team, called BlueSky, which Twitter would fund – likely over many years – but would not direct, he said.
- He went on to recommend that blockchain technology might provide a model for decentralizing content hosting, oversight and even monetization of social media, without elaborating on possible alternatives to Twitter’s ads-driven business.
Read full article: taipeitimes.com
- Google’s proclamation of quantum supremacy stirred concerns in the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry.
- Some feared that the emergence of computers based on quantum physics may pose a threat for blockchain and cryptocurrencies that rely heavily on cryptographic methods for security and fidelity.
- Infact, The biggest danger to Blockchain networks from quantum computing is its ability to break traditional encryption.
Read full article: medium.com
- Yesterday, Rigetti introduced a new family of gates that reduces circuit depth required on some problems and D-Wave struck a deal with NEC to collaborate on hybrid classical-quantum computing.
- Last week AWS unveiled a three-prong quantum initiative, something many had been expecting, that among other things provides a central portal for quantum users to access quantum computing resources from Rigetti, IonQ, and D-Wave – expect more companies to follow.
- Rigetti’s blog and paper detail the characteristics and advantages of the new family gates and Rigetti is now making them available on its cloud platform .
- hybrid services that combine NEC’s supercomputers and other classical systems with D-Wave’s quantum technology; application development for use on hybrid systems; and NEC will become a reseller of D-Wave’s Leap cloud service.
- Perhaps the biggest news of the current QC flurry was AWS’s formal entry into the quantum computing arena early last week.
Read full article: hpcwire.com
- Law enforcement has taken three men into custody over what sources are calling the biggest crypto scam in history.
- Matthew Brent Goettsche and Jobadiah Sinclair Weeks from Colorado along with Frank Abel from California have been arrested for initiating a cryptocurrency scam through a fake company called Bit Club Network that may have cheated investors out of $722 million in crypto funds.
- The suspects have been accused of utilizing several tactics to dupe investors into giving money to Bit Club.
Read full article: livebitcoinnews.com
- The IITs have been doing a lot of research work in the field of emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, data science, machine learning and blockchain, among others.
- This year, two faculties from the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Dr Amit Sethi, and Dr Arjun Jain joined hands with Great Learning to design and launch a hands-on three months programme on deep learning.
- In January this year, the institute announced the launch of the new 6 months course on artificial intelligence and machine learning which is specially designed for working professionals and engineering students.
- This institute offers courses on emerging technologies like AI, machine learning, computer vision, among others.
- In May, the institute launched a new MTech course in the field of AI and ML.
Read full article: analyticsindiamag.com
- 1. Cybersecurity Will Grow More Sophisticated with AI
- 2. Network Modernization Will Continue with 5G, SDN
- 3. Automation Tools Will Save Time and Money
- 4. Emerging Technologies Such as Blockchain Will Get More Mature
Read full article: fedtechmagazine.com
- Per a press release shared with Cointelegraph on Dec. 12, the partnership between the two entities aims to develop and launch a microfinance ecosystem based on Algorand’s blockchain technology in a bid to boost the financial inclusion of the urban working poor in the region.
- People will purportedly be able to earn free ARCC by reporting corruption and receive investments for their businesses in the form of ARCC.
- Speaking about how the initiative will actually help people get and cover insurance, IBMR explained that the dedicated ARCC.one will operate as an asset management platform based on the holdings on the users, enabling them to use their own ARCC within the platform to take advantage of services such as credit, investment and insurance facilities.
- ARCC is earned and distributed as an incentive for this public mandate network and then has further utility in providing liquidity and transaction to asset management platform.
Read full article: cointelegraph.com
- Last year, more than $45 billion was spent in fees on remittance services by migrants all over the world who send money home to family and friends.
- SendFriend is on a mission to deliver this by using the digital asset XRP and building on top of the Interledger Protocol (ILP) to move funds internationally, on-demand.
- To increase the speed and reduce the cost of this process, SendFriend leverages RippleNet’s On-Demand Liquidity (ODL).
- The post SendFriend Uses On-Demand Liquidity to Save Customers Up to 80% In Remittance Fees appeared first on Ripple.
Read full article: ripple.com
- How Sony Is Protecting Rights Of Digital Creators Using Blockchain on AWS
- The digital revolution democratizes the means of musical creation: anyone can record and share sounds with anyone else across the world.
- The internet has given rise to streaming platforms such as Spotify, YouTube Music, Amazon Music, among many others, enabling people to discover and enjoy music from centuries past right up to the present moment.
- music companies, copyright authorities, and retail music services all take part in the process before it reaches the end user.
Read full article: forbes.com
- Bitmain, the world’s largest cryptocurrency mining firm, is expanding its distribution in South America by partnering with two crypto mining consulting firms.
- The Chinese mining mogul will extend its global exposure with Fastblock, which will be the primary distributor in Brazil, and Bit5ive, a Miami-based firm that will be distributing Antminers to over 30 countries in Latin, Central America and the Caribbean, Bitmain announced Dec. 12.
- Bit5ive provides major crypto mining services – sells, hosts and supports crypto mining hardware – since its foundation in 2013.
Read full article: cointelegraph.com