2019 ? Year of STO :)
- Security token offering (STO) is a fundraising tool similar to an ICO, but with certain regulations that hold the token issuers accountable for their actions during the fund raise.
- Now, with the developments in the smart contracts, security tokens have come into existence with the sole purpose of establishing themselves as the new use case for real-time digital assets that operate within the legal boundaries.
- Investments and Trading takes the lead with the most number of STOs so far, contributing to over 20% of total STOs.
- Ethereum’s ERC 20 is dominating the space with 68% token adoption by STOs.
- When it comes to digital currency investments, STOs are considered to have a low appetite for risk because of the diversity in the security token issuance platforms when compared to ICOs.
Read full article: medium.com