Commerce 3.0 Market Landscape: The Decentralized Future of Commerce
- Commerce 3.0 Market Landscape: The Decentralized Future of Commerce
- In the process, virtually all aspects of the commerce value chain are being decentralized – from broader platforms that power entire commerce networks to targeted vertical marketplaces and more specific solutions in payments, loyalty, and reputation.
- Both Commerce 1.0 (physical retail) and Commerce 2.0 (ecommerce) were centralized in structure, with large authoritative entities deciding each part of commerce for their business – product selection, pricing, commissions, promotions, payments, and so on.
- They allow buyers and sellers to come together without middlemen controlling and extracting value from the experience across a wide variety of industries – from crypto exchanges like IDEX and collectibles marketplaces like Rare Bits to a “decentralized Airbnb” like Beenest and “decentralized Amazon” like OpenBazaar or Particl .
- Perhaps even more exciting is how blockchain and tokens enable the creation of entire decentralized commerce platforms like SesameOpen , OB1 , and Origin Protocol that simplify the creation of decentralized, community-oriented marketplaces.
Read full article: medium.com