Crypto and Real Estate Were Built for One Another – Bitcoin News
- Whether buying, selling or tokenizing real estate, the property market and blockchain are deeply intertwined.
- The founder of STO advisory firm CPI Tech continues, “If you’ve got a $10 million waterfront development and you want to sell it, you’ve got to find another buyer with $10 million to spare.
- The cross-pollination between blockchain and real estate can be traced back to at least 2013 when Ragnar Lifthrasir created the International Blockchain Real Estate Association (IBREA).
- In January 2017, the COO of Bitpay, Sonny Singh, reported that in one property purchase in which the company had been involved, the seller made an extra $1.3 million.
- In the U.K., property developer Go Homes began selling new properties in bitcoin by December 2017, with the first sold to a bitcoin miner for £350,000 in Colchester.
Read full article: news.bitcoin.com