Decentralized Databases Could Address Blockchain’s Scalability Issues | CryptoSlate
- Meanwhile, decentralized databases maintain many of the benefits of a blockchain while potentially addressing scalability.
- However, many blockchain-based production applications have one main inhibitor: scalability.
- Visa can perform 65,000+ transactions per second , while Ethereum is at roughly 15 transactions per second (TPS).
- Meanwhile, distributed databases maintain many of the characteristics of a blockchain while solving some of the scalability issues.
- Bluzelle , another decentralized database project, uses data sharding and partitioning techniques to create a more scalable and secure database.
Read full article: cryptoslate.com