Imagining the Smart Cities of 2050
- Riding an explosion of sensors, megacity AI ‘brains’, high-speed networks, new materials and breakthrough green solutions, cities are quickly becoming versatile organisms, sustaining and responding to the livelihood patterns of millions.
- Setting its sights on self-sustaining green cities, the UAE has invested record sums in its Vision 2021 plan, while sub-initiatives like Smart Dubai 2021 charge ahead with AI-geared government services, driverless car networks, and desalination plants.
- We’ll discuss smart city services and responsive urban governance, as well as the implications of driverless vehicles for sprawling megacities.
- On the heels of over ten years of research and 50 billion RMB (over US$7.4 billion), Chinese insurance giant Ping An released a white paper addressing smart city strategies across blockchain, biometrics, AI, and cloud computing.
- Yet, as megacities attract millions of new residents from across the planet, building out smart networks for autonomous and flying vehicles, one of our greatest priorities becomes smart city governance.
- Possibly a major future smart city staple, systems similar to this latter blockchain-based network could one day underpin AVs, flying taxis, and on-demand Fly-as-a-Service personal drones.
Read full article: singularityhub.com