Quantum Computing Is Coming: Are You Cyber Ready? – Security Boulevard
- In January, IBM introduced the world’s first circuit-based commercial quantum computer, the IBM Q System One.
- Cybersecurity is among the top challenges to consider because industry experts predict that future quantum computers will soon be able to break today’s most sophisticated algorithms.
- In any case, enterprise and government organizations will need significant time to develop, standardize, and deploy new cryptographic algorithms that can withstand quantum computing threats-post-quantum cryptography (PQC).
- Businesses with IoT devices and applications that have long life cycles may have their products operating out in the world after the first quantum computers become a threat.
- For many organizations, the first steps toward managing quantum computing risks are not always clear.
Read full article: securityboulevard.com